Home » Agriculture News » Through drip irrigation, water and fertilizer can be applied at the same time: Agriculture Department

Through drip irrigation, water and fertilizer can be applied at the same time: Agriculture Department

Lahore: Secretary Agriculture Punjab Muhammad Mahmood suggested that drip irrigation is the best way to apply water and fertilizer to the plant at same time with required level. It also saves the farmers’ time. In conventional irrigation systems, a large quantity of water becomes squandered and unavailable at the requisite time while in drip irrigation required water can be supplied at the right time of crop requirement with zero or no loss. He told that Government of Punjab also offers 60% subsidy at implanting drip irrigation system, remaining 40% will be paid by farmers. Drip irrigation is an easy and clean system. There is no need to dig small ponds as well no complexities involve in water application. With this means of irrigation farmer can save his time, fertilizer and labor up to 50%. In drip irrigation water dribbles down the soil in form of drops and unswervingly arrives the plant roots.

x

Check Also

Livestock Health Worker Training Course

A month-long community training livestock course has been completed by the Department of Livestock and ...

error: Bakhaber Kissan Content is protected !!